Wednesday 27 August 2014

early autumn culture

Tickets have all but sold out for Medea at the National Theatre but I've managed to get hold of one for tomorrow night, which is lucky as the run finishes next week. Medea will also be broadcast live to cinemas around the world on 4th September.

Benedict Cumberbatch’s starring role as Hamlet has become the fastest-selling ticket in London theatre history with advance seats selling out in minutes almost a year before the curtain rises. I'm going to have to beg, borrow or steal myself a ticket to this show. On another note, when I have kids, this is how I will encourage them to dress and behave at all times.

'This debut feature from the Cambodian-born, London-based film-maker Hong Khaou is heartfelt, intelligent film-making on a shoestring budget', says the Guardian.

As a teenager, Michel Gondry's The Science of Sleep was a favourite film of mine. For months I had it on repeat in the background, I loved the beautiful, whimsical world he had created so much. Mood Indigo seems to promise more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment